Friday 8 April 2016

My Sewing plans for the next 12 months

Hi Peeps. 
I live in England and spring is now in full swing, with colourful blooms popping up everywhere.  It is making me want to  sew lovely flowery dresses and blouses.  I have so many things I want to try and make, but I have to be practical I work full time and only get a few hours a week to squeeze in my sewing.  I'm one of those weird organised people who like to makes lists. you have got to love a good list right!  So I have decided to set myself a goal to make one item a month which for me I think is realistic. 

So I have pulled out my huge collection of patterns.  I can't believe how many I have managed to collect in just one year.  Most are aimed at beginners so I should be able to give it a good go.

These are the patterns I have picked out.  Please let me know which one is your favourite, maybe you have already made one yourself any advice would be appreciated.













My next project is going to be the keyhole blouse as I really need a new one for work, so I'm hoping it will be good enough to wear.  I was going to make the long sleeved version but it is warming up over here so think I will do the 3/4 length plain front one.  I also know I will need to do a full bust adjustment,  I'm quite a busty girl which is one of the reasons I was inspired to make my clothes, I was so fed up of having to buy clothes bigger to fit over them, to find it is too big else where.
There are lots of videos on the internet which show you how to do it, but if anyone knows of a very good one let me know.

Wish me luck and come back soon to see how I get on.

2 comments:

  1. Hi again Erica, thought I'd pop back & see what you're up to. You've chosen some lovely patterns - I have New Look 6263 too but haven't yet made it up. I'll probably leave it until next Summer now. (Supposed to be Autumn here but still really warm.) I really like the look of the Colour Block Tunic - so versatile! I shall check back in to see your new blouse! Happy sewing!
    PS Glad you braved the stern sales assistant for a selection of needles! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy. I glad you enjoyed looking through the patterns, it took me ages to pick which ones to do. The blouse is coming along though I have had to make best friends with my seam ripper. putting in the sleeves has not been easy, I ended up doing one of them 3 times, oh well it is all good practice for me.

      Delete